Faith and Magic in Early Modern Finland
Podoba Ci się ten produkt? Przekaż dalej!
1. Introduction: Magic in a Religious Borderland
2. Lived Lutheranism and the Development of Superstition
3. Catholic Influence and Magic in Finland
4. Eastern Orthodox Influence and its Demonization in Finland
5. Conclusion: The Continuum of Magic and Religion
"Toivo (Univ. of Tampere, Finland) is interested in the whole complex of witchcraft, lived religion, and formal churchmanship, constructing a seamless whole to gain the full picture of religious life. ... This specialized study will support collections in religious studies and the history of northern Europe. Summing Up: Recommended. Graduate students/faculty." (D. S. Azzolina, Choice, Vol. 54 (3), November, 2016)