Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online. RAF Swannington was a World War II era airfield located just to the north of the Norfolk village of Swannington, England. It was opened in April 1944 and sold in 1957, though the RAF left in November 1947. The site is now used for agriculture though some evidence of runways and buildings remains. This Station was developed from the estate of Haveringland Hall, and took its name from the nearby village. Swannington was the mother MU 274 for the following: RAF Little Snoring, RAF North Creake & RAF Oulton. All these stations had mothballed Mosquitos of all MKs. There were also several hundred new Merlin engines, in their crates. During 1946-48 the role of the site was to service and carry out important mods before aircraft were flown out to a permanent MU for an in depth service, from where they were sold to foreign powers. Airframes which were beyond their sell-by date were towed to the dump after recovery of spares including engines and burnt.
RedaktorLambert M. Surhone
RedaktorMiriam T. Timpledon
RedaktorSusan F. Marseken
Product typeKsiążka w miękkiej okładce
Lambert M. Surhone
Data dostawy:pomiędzy 3 czerwca (środa) a 5 czerwca (piątek)